Only a couple of companies in the world have the experience of buildig these machines, although the market need, if RFID did take off, would be for about 1 million of the machines running in parallel.- Mike Marsh
The key ingredient behind the productive growth of technology lies in the glowing ideas in a human brain that leads to construct a happy, healthy, safe and secure life. One of the man-made technologies which works around a motive that helps you “Love the life you live!! Live the life you love”!!- Bob Marley. It is with the production of RFID Tags.
WHAT IS RFID TAGGING?
The reason behind our good sleep is that there is Indian Army who is constantly struggling to make sure we lead a threat-free life. In the same manner RFID Tags work as a devoted “desh sevak” to ensure clean and clear transmission of information about products and items.
RFID Tagging is an ID system that with the mechanical uses of small radio frequency identification devices for the careful identification and tracking purposes.
THE BASIC ARMAMENTS USED BY RFID TAGS INCLUDES:
- A read/write device
- A host or monitor system application to catch data, process it and free it for purpose of transmission.
THE TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF RFID TAGS:
- ACTIVE RFID TAGS: As the name itself suggests it consistently uses battery-power to energize RFID tags so that they work continuously and enthusiastically to broadcast their own signal. Active RFID tags are generally used as “beacons” to accurately track the desired destination of assets or in high-speed environments like tolling. Active tags actively volunteer to offer a longer and wider read range than passive tags, but the only drawback is that it might screw a hole in your pockets as it is quite expensive.
- PASSIVE RFID TAGS: Passive RDIF system works independently as it doesn’t rely upon any internal power box and receive power directly through electromagnetic energy transmitted from an RFID reader. Passive RFID tags extend their generous help to applications including access control, file tracking, race timing, supply chain management, smart labels and more. And because it is cost-effective which makes it a convenient and budget-friendly option for many industries
IMPORTANT POINTS THAT YOU SHOULD KEEP IN MIND BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO SECURE YOUR LIFE WITH RFID TAGS:
- ITS BASIC FREQUENCY AND READ ZONE: Active tags contain higher capability to extend its longer reach and reach than a passive tag, which is used for short-range reading. An active tag makes it readily available and makes you travel a longer distance. While a passive tag might have the capacity to stretch its baby steps and send a signal across a distance of 20 to 30 feet.
The frequency band acts as a travel ticket to contribute to the free movement of read range, with ultra-high frequency (UHF) proving to explore longer distance. A lower frequency- defined as low frequency (LF) has a tortoise like movement but is also less susceptible to radio wave interference.
- THE APPROXIMATE LIFESPAN OF RFID TAGS: The battery employed in an active tag stays actively charged for a long time period. Approximately, the battery can last five to ten years. As passive tags doesn’t contain any battery, so there is no guarantee for how long it will last or how sooner it might collapse.
- NEED TO CHECK THE PRICE OF ACTIVE AND PASSIVE TAGS: Active tags are overly-entitled with it being highly expensive and can swallow whole money in your purse. While, passive tags can fall in your budget.
- ESTABLISHING A GOOD COMMAND ON THE USE OF RFID TAGS:
Passive tags are used to track and record the footprints of livestock, materials and products along with a supply chain. Inbound and outbound shipments can use passive RFID because it needs short-range for grasping barcodes.
An active tag is a good option for access control, equipment monitoring and logistics. The longer read range works seriously and with sincerity for hospitals and corporate locations that need to track heavy cost equipment throughout the facility.
Therefore, the use of an RFID Tags become necessary to attain more awareness, add quality, increase productivity, save more money and grow life.